Thursday, July 28, 2011

You Just Never Know

Yesterday was supposed to start off with me staying home all morning making breakfast burritos to freeze since my big kids are back in school now. Instead, I went on a shopping spree with Mom and Chelsey.  I really needed a Bunko gift!!  I really love going to Kirklands, just the smell as you walk in...  It's completely involuntary, but you just have to stop your first step in and take it all in.  Ahhhh!  However, going there really makes me want to redo my house.  I'm not going to but, oh how fun that would be!!  Chelsey has been looking for something to put over her couch in her apartment in Flagstaff, but most things that big are really expensive.

We found this collage frame for $20 while we were there.  We decided to make cute things to put in most of the frames that would match her color scheme and then use actual pictures for a few of them.  When we got home, we dug out old scrapbook paper and any craft stuff I had laying around (which isn't much) and see what we could put together.  You can't see in the pictures, but almost every one has some kind of gem or sparkle to it.  It's subtle, not gaudy.  I think it turned out super cute!!




On a different note, while driving home, she and I had a much needed but painful talk about her upcoming school situation.  As to keep her life her own I won't go into detail, but I'll just say that she needs to make some hard decisions about where she's going to be and how she's going to make it all work out.  There were a lot of tears shed, but it needed to be discussed and hopefully she will make decisions that are good and not fun.  Sometimes they end up being both!!

Later that night we watched Pearl Harbor together in the living room.  I love that movie and I think she did too.  I wouldn't say today was anything super special or exciting, but this is what she posted on FB after she went to her room:

Chelsey Smith: Had a really good day :) Thanks to my momma, some scrapbook paper, and a movie! even the worst days could be turned around with a combination like that.


Ya just never know when a moment can be important.

No comments: