Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fun Times

It's the little things.  I spent yesterday shopping with my Mom and Chelsey, which is always fun!  We had lunch together and went to Kirklands.  Shortly after getting home, I had to go register the rest of my kids for school.  This is a very exciting day!!  What classes, who's my teacher, do any of my friends have the same??  While there, I also got their AIMS results.  Now, I really hate the AIMS test.  I hate that they take time out to make them practice it.  Either they know the stuff or they don't.  Anyway, to my great surprise, Dalin exceeded all three areas.  All three!!  He did amazing.  His grades are not that great, not bad (except spelling), but not great either... so I was a little surprised. 

When dinner time came around, I had to keep my vow of having dinner made every night so I whipped up some spaghetti.  Gourmet, I know!  Three of the kids were playing outside on the tramp in the water so I served theirs up on paper plates outside.  Two others were heading out the door to play basketball so they got to eat theirs on the fly.  The rest of us sat at the table like the cozy family that we are.  Because there were so few of us, we started talking about how it would be if we only had 4 kids.  I could quote lots of our funny conversation, but it wouldn't be funny to anyone now.  For us... we giggled and giggled and I'm pretty sure we came mighty close to having milk shoot out someone's nose.  We have an ongoing joke about who is my "favorite" so that played heavily into our conversations as well. 

After dinner one of my kids offered to scratch my back with this little claw thing in exchange for more computer time.  Sold!  Minute for minute.  That started a whole scope of pampering.  Another lined up to take a turn with the claw and one said she'd rather rub my feet with lotion.  Ok!!  Once she got started, another wanted to join in so she did my hands and legs.  Once that got started yet again another wanted to polish my toes.  So I ended up with a scratched back, soft rubbed feet and hands and cute toes all for a few minutes on a computer.  That's the life!!

I'm not the most fun mom and I'm not the down and dirty  play with 'em all the time kind of girl either, but it's nice to have a totally spontaneous good laugh with them now and again.  How could I possibly choose a favorite out of a bunch like mine?!

1 comment:

Jake and Jenny said...

Random family days can be the best. Love your family!