Saturday, July 9, 2011

Home

Home has been on my mind a lot lately.  At the scene of the car accident Monday, Katelyn jumped into my arms sobbing "I want to go home! I want to go home!"  It was heartbreaking.  Since that time I've done a little reflecting on why she chose home.  She could have said she wanted to get out of there or go to the park where we were headed for the picnic, but she said home.  As I've spent time here this week, I've seen our home in a different light.  It's been a little hard to leave.  I watch my kids doing their different activities around the house and it warms my heart.  Our home is comfortable and of course I love it, I designed it.   But that's not really it.  Within it's walls all sorts of wonderful, emotional, funny, scary... I could go on and on about the different things that happen here.  It's where we are.  Does that make sense?  Within these walls we are a family.  It's where we are together and where there's not the world.  It's just us.  It's safe and familiar and ours.

This is our house...

This makes it our home.  Of course that's where Katy would want to be.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Tearjerker.

Jake and Jenny said...

So true! Family makes the home a home.

Heather said...

I have to read your blog to hear about a car accident. grrrrr
Do you need anything? So glad you are ok.