Thursday, July 7, 2011

Camping on the Beach 2011

We went to San Diego to camp on the beach a month or so ago and it was AMAZING.  The weather was near perfect, the kids did great, I got to run every morning... The list goes on.  We had to move spots every night and that was a pain, but totally worth it.  The pictures are all in some weird order, but for the most part, we just had fun together, played together, and had a wonderful family vacation.  I really did not want to come home.  For 4 days we didn't think about FaceBook or check email or watch TV.  Seriously one of my favorite vacations.



There was room for the kids to scooter and scooter they did...a lot!  We didn't find out till the last day that wearing a helmet was the law in CA.  Stupid.





This picture is worth a story.  These were our first neighbors.  The hippy-mobile.  Not only does it look like one, they were.  There were about 8 kids in total with serious nature/type names.  I had written them down so I wouldn't forget and I lost the paper.  Anyway, the kids were in the tree and crazy all over the place.  The next day I saw one peeing from the top of the tree, pants around his knees.  Nice.





Glade bought a skim board for the kids to try.  Nick got the hang of it pretty good, but Rhett totally rocked it.  No one else could even stay on it.  We have a billion pictures of them trying but I only posted the wipeout fun ones!

Brooklyn and Stephen are my two that fight the most, but get them in the water and they are two of a kind.

Chelsey's wipeout

Why is it that all my vacations lately involve so many of these??








Brooklyn giving the skim board a try

They are all laughing because right behind me Glade was trying to skim board

Another one of Chelsey

This was the scene at our camp in the evenings.


Are we talented or what?!

Glade giving it a try.



Bo took his fishing pole and spent some time trying to catch a whale.

Whitley on her tush.










They were all good sports in helping out with the chores.  Funny story about Nick.  The big boys slept outside on airmattresses.  The camp has tons of squirrels that feast on anything you may leave out.  He woke up to a little squirrel curled up in a ball sleeping on his legs.  He didn't think it was so cute.



Glade spent the majority of his time doing work.  I guess that's the beauty of technology.  I would complain, but it's this that made it possible for him to be with us at all.

Some other memories of our trip:

-laughing around the campfire
-teaching the kids how to play euchre
-getting milkshakes at the Jack in the Box across the street
-watching the kids pull our trailer down the street to switch spots
-having everyone turn and look as all the kids sang a popular song as we walked back to our spot
-being able to just wander across the path and stare at the ocean at sunset
-watching my kids BE for four glorious days

1 comment:

Jake and Jenny said...

I love that you love it! It is truly my favorite vacation for so many reasons.