Sunday, July 17, 2011

I think I'm Good

I haven't blogged in awhile because all that would have come out were emotions.  After the accident on the 4th of July, I've had a really hard time getting myself together.  I would be fine for a few days and then in tears the next.  I'm pretty sure that not a day went by that I didn't tear up/cry for at least a week.  It was really hard to make sense of and a little embarrassing to be so not in control.  Finally people have stopped asking how I'm doing, that's good cuz every time they did.. I would cry.  I went to the temple last Wednesday and have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to come to terms with all of it and I think I'm finally past it.  Today I woke up and had the thought - "I don't remember thinking about the accident yesterday."  It feels good to finally be able to go though the day without it being in the forefront of my brain.  It's been a different kind of experience that's difficult to explain and one I never want to repeat. 

With that being said, this is what DID happen last week:
- lunch with Leslie
- Charity Car Wash for a family in our ward
- Temple night, went to dinner/ice cream with several couples after.  FUN!
- Chelsey's 19th bday, lunch and shopping
- Dad's bday
- lots of school shopping
- summer movies, hadn't seen Shrek 4 before
- 3 trips to the pool
- lunch with Mom
- 3 mornings of exercise
- got my blog books in the mail
- night out with the Garrs
- GoodWill's 50% sale ($2.50 jeans)
- impromptu night in with 9 other couples

My big kids start school a week from tomorrow and the others 2 weeks after that.  Wow, summer was a breeze this year.  Now, I still have 3 more weeks, maybe I shouldn't jinx myself just yet!  Everyone is very anxious to get going and get back to friends and routine and not being so idle all day.  Katy will start preschool and is SO excited to do that and I'm excited to have 2 mornings a week to coupon shop without the distractions of little ones.  AND to top it all off... I bought my first Christmas present.  It IS July ya know!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

We hit Goodwill on Saturday, too. Got some good stuff. Lunch with you was great...we should do that more regularly. I hadn't seen Shrek 4 yet either, and I thought it was Hilarious! So quotable.

GLad you're doing better. Whew.