Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Guess I'm Lucky

In talking to a friend tonight, I realized... maybe I'm just lucky.  We were discussing life and kids and what not and the topic of "cruises" came up.  You know that's one of my very favorite things!  Anyway, she just got off one so we were talking about the things they did.  She was surprised to hear some of the things Glade and I did together.  She said "he'd do that with you?"  Then asked "so you guys like to hang out together?"  I found it odd that she thought we were odd for liking to play together.  I know everyone's relationships are made up of different things, ours is not perfect by any means, but I'm just glad we like each other.  I'm not at all worried about "empty nest" for us.  If we can survive parenting, we're home free!  Playing is what we do best together.  We certainly have our differences, but in the end.... he's the one I like to be with.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

So sweet!

Dacia said...

I love the fact that you two can play nicely together! You are an inspiration to everyone of us. Just imagine the traveling you can do when you have an empty nest.