Friday, July 22, 2011

Goin Back...

It's official, it's the last weekend before my big kids go back to school.  They start Monday and boy are they ready.  I bought my last pair of new shoes today (size 9 for my 11 year old!) and everyone has new backpacks and most of everything else they need.  It's nice when they are older because they don't grow out of everything from year to year.  This has been an expensive year for back to school stuff though, I'm ready to hit recovery mode.  My younger ones don't start until August 10 and Katy starts preschool Aug. 1st.  Every time we pass Rhett's school, he looks out the window and says "man I really need to be there!".  I love that my kids don't dread school.  Even the ones that struggle a little would rather be there than wasting the time away at home.  Even Chelsey is chomping at the bit to get back to a schedule and some purpose in life.  Whitley is a senior this year and it's freaking her out a little.  Me too, actually.  Bo goes all day which he is so excited for.  Lunch at school!!  And Rhett and Brooklyn are in JH.  Aren't I still only 20?  Chelsey likes to remind me I'm not.  On with another year of forward progression! (crossing fingers)

No comments: