Monday, July 25, 2011

Just Life

It's weird that I feel like I have nothing to blog about and yet I'm so busy all the time.  I'm going to go with it's all pretty blah blah stuff not really worth mentioning.  So let me think....  in the last few days...  Brooklyn had her day camp and ended up with $50 in her pocket.  She came to realize that entertaining 3 and 4 year olds isn't as easy as one might think!  We have taken care of pets for two families that live nearby.  That also included a two hour roundup of a very evasive dog who doesn't like hot dogs.  Seriously, what dog doesn't eat hot dogs??  We went to the pool several times.  I completely cleaned out and organized my office and the pantry.  Got my computer back so I now have two working computers in our house.  Had lunch with one of Glade's YM from our last ward, Jeff Nielson, who is 23 now.  I still like him! 

The boys have been earning money working at the bakery and for a neighbor doing yard work.  Put the kids to work on Saturday cleaning outside stuff.  Our grass is so green!  The rain and a few times of irrigation have done wonders.   Had a great lunch with mom and then went out with Glade that night to the very same restaurant (he didn't know that's where I had gone for lunch. Ü).  Great day at church and Sunday dinner.  Made a very delicious pineapple upside down cake.  I believe Glade said this after eating almost a quarter of the cake before dinner "I've been missing out on that my whole life?"  I'm pretty sure that was a compliment.  Took the kids to the park at 7 am after Katy sweet talked me into it.  Yes, she's spoiled.  Three big kids started school today.  Stepped on the scale and realized I really need to get on it!  Starting to have to wear my stretchy pants. 

This week is Bunko at my house and then a party at the park on Friday.  Going to try to get back into a good routine now that the kids have started school again.  So I better get thinking... What's for dinner?

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Isn't it funny that all that busy-ness can seem so blah blah? We had chicken quesadillas and cowboy caviar last night. Yummy!