Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas In Ilinois 2013

We have started the tradition of going back to IL every year for just a few days.  I say "we" meaning my Mom and I.  This year, Chelsey and her family came with as well.  They had plenty of snow for us!!  I think I was the only one happy about that.  We arrived on Thursday night, picked up pizza from Pizza Joint and got settled in for the night.  

Friday we mostly just hung out, made a quick trip to the store for cheese ball ingredients.  After all, I didn't want Gramma B to die!!  That night was the Whitley family get together.  I love seeing all my family!  We eat to much and talk and enjoy the night together.  I learned my first lesson about talking politics with family.  Love you Aunt Kathy!!  Stayed up watching White Christmas after everyone left.

Saturday is Manary family Christmas.  I always get my Grandma a floral center piece, but this year they were busy doing several funerals so I had to settle for a purple one.  It was still pretty.  Lots of family showed up and we had a delicious dinner including chicken noodles.  (I don't care that you cheated Gram!)  After dinner, we went back to Lisa's and hung out till it started to get late.  We had our annual game of Euker where we were not short on laughter!  I won't go into detail about my whiny daughter (love you Chels), but we called it a night early and went back to Dad's.  Oh wait, this was the night I stayed up watching  White Christmas.  It  all becomes a blur.  

Sunday we had breakfast and then watched Polar Express in 3D on Dad's groovy TV.  This was my first time seeing it.  After, we went to lunch at Red Robin and said goodbye to Jo.  She had an even to attend.  We returned a few things, then back home to pack.  On the way to the airport, we stopped to say goodbye to Grandpa Joe and take a 5 generation picture.  

The flight home was LONG.  First we had to de-ice for 30  min and the plan we were on was seriously cramped.  It was ok though, and we were home by 11 pm.  Brynlee held up really well and did good on both flights.

It's always such and enjoyable couple of days and Dad and Jo take such good care of us.  I love having a little winter weather and reminiscing about the old days.  A tradition I may need to hold on to. ♥





No comments: