Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve morning I was a brave mom and sent all my kids with Stephen to Wal Mart to do Christmas shopping for Glade and I.  Usually Glade does this,  but he's been so busy there hasn't been time.  They shopped together and agreed on gifts for both of us.  We then hit Chick Fil A for lunch and back home for final preparations.  I drove to Mom's to get all the gifts that I keep stored there.  Pretty nice set up I must say.   
I got home just in time to start dinner.  After debating about a roast, I settled on ham.  We had mashed potatoes and corn casserole as well.  Brooklyn had a little mishap with the rolls so we had those, but they weren't really all that awesome.  And it wouldn't be Christmas Eve without our fancy table and Martinellis.

After dinner, we gathered to read a book and watch the video O Holy Night.  We talked about service and how we should have that in our minds the whole year through, not just at Christmas.  The best gift we can give our Savior is to treat others as he would.  Serve.  Give what you have, whether it be money, time, love or just a smile.  Give what you can.  

Finally it was jammie time!  We all opened our new jammies and got changed and turned on Arthur's Perfect Christmas.  They didn't last long watching that.  They think its a MUST for Christmas Eve, but they are all big now.  Besides, the little ones were very distracted with the Santa Tracker.  Chelsey and Whitley both needed to head out and so we put out cookies and hot chocolate for Santa and called it a night.  

The kids got there "places" ready upstairs and made promises not to come down before morning!  I was able to get all the gifts in place and be ready for bed by 10:30.  Not too shabby.  You haven't heard me mention Glade because he was not able to join us.  They had to move the bakery to our new bakery and only had a couple of days to get it done.  He tried to get home and kept in touch all day but in the end, it just didn't happen.  He was home by about 11 and was able to be here for the morning. ♥


  Katy got jammies that came with matching jammies for her doll.

Oh how I love this bunch!!

No comments: