Sunday, December 8, 2013

Still Breathing!!

Look, it's Sunday and I'm still alive.  I guess this breathing thing really works!  Wednesday I stayed home in my jammies.  It was a cold rainy day and I loved it.  I got lots accomplished and even worked in a hair cut, which I haven't had in a while.  Since it was rainy, I made cookies for the kids (tradition).  It was a seriously great day... until... the kids came home. Dun Da Dun Da!  I wanted to finish the outside lights before I had to leave for scouts, but every time I asked for help I got a nice dose of WHINE.  I wanted things tidy and chores done before we all left for the evening.  WHINE.  I was totally late and cranky by the time I had to go to scouts and then my scouts were bouncing off the wall.  Luckily our activity involved a lot of movement.

Rushed home to make dinner before we had to leave for the school concert.  Bear  Creek Potato Soup, my favorite!  I had even made rolls (Rhodes, of course).  I was so excited. Well, while making dinner, I had kids showering and getting ready to leave.  Both Bo and Katy cried about their clothes, their hair, their dinner.  At one point, they were both crying in their room and we were supposed to leave in 8 minutes.  I'm about to join them on the floor.  I ask sincerely "why are we going?"  No one here is happy or wants to be there.  This is craziness!  Well the thought of not going put them in high gear to finish getting ready.  We arrived 2 minutes later than we were supposed to.  I dropped them off at the front door and left to find a parking space.  When I walked through the door, there was Bo with his little angel face singing Christmas songs.  Where was that 30 min ago?  Grandma and  Chelsey were already there and Glade walked in the same time I did.  The concert was sweet, as always, and the kids did great.  Tried to take them to McDonalds after (tradition), but after waiting in line for 15 min, they informed us they were out of ice cream.  Awesome.

Thursday I spent the day running to different Good Will stores with Jenny.  Dollar day!  Once done there, I went to Kohl's, picked up kids and headed to wal mart for some necessities.  I took Brooklyn and Rhett with me and we had a good time shopping.  Didn't get home till almost 6:30 though, so dinner was now a fend for yourself.  This was also the day we got the news that Ford accepted our offer on the land!  Yeah, building is now in our future. Ü

Friday I spent a lot of wasted time goofing around with music on my computer.  Got my nails done and had a good nap.  Did I mention wasted?  That night we had a date night planned with the Garrs and Bryants, so I left early to get a few things at Costco.  I love going to Costco with no other commitments or no list.  I walked around, tried a few samples and ended up with a few Christmas presents I didn't even know I wanted to get.  After, we met at Red Robin, then headed to Barnes and Noble.  A quick stop at Charming  Charlies and we were ready to call it a night.  The best part of all of it was that it was COLD outside.  I love it.  It feels so much more like Christmas when you say Brrrr as you walk outside. ♥

No comments: