Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Doing Nothing Must not Be My Thing

Straight from Grease to Thanksgiving to busy busy busy.  I think I just need to breath.  I keep saying "as soon as this is over...."  Well apparently there is always something else!  But I think the THOUGHT of doing nothing is what keeps me going.  I keep scheduling a "do nothing" day and then stuff happens.  It's all good stuff so I'm not complaining really, but a whole day on the couch sounds really awesome right now!

This week I've decorated my Mom's house for Christmas, addressed Christmas cards, done laundry, cleaned Bo and Katy's room (no small task), fixed the chicken coop, helped paint stuff for Christmas Party, Ran around with my hair all crazy cuz I just don't want to do it and all with a killer headache from allergies.  BUT, much of this was done in my jammies.  You have to know that always makes things more do-able.

I'm totally PMS (tmi, I know) and cannot stop eating!  I want to run, but that's  not that easy to do in my jammies.  Christmas feels like it's right around the corner so I'm having a little anxiety that my stuff isn't up yet and yet the thought of it is a little overwhelming.  I'm getting stuff up little by little.  I get little bursts of energy where I FEEL like I really want to get it done so that good.  I'm thinking that for sanity's sake I may have to scale down all the activities I want to accomplish this Christmas and take the advice of a sign that hangs in my house - SIMPLIFY.  That's actually a good thing.  Once my brain can let it go, then I can just enjoy the things that actually come to pass.  School programs start tomorrow night and I get my hair cut tomorrow too.  That will be so awesome!  Next week I head home to see my family for a few days and then it's practically Christmas.  So for now, it's just about  BREATH.... maybe I can schedule that for Thursday....

No comments: