Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Saturday

I woke up with a long list of things to get done this day.  But.... as I lay in bed, checking facebook, the first thing that pops up on my feed is that my good friend Alicen had her twin babies!  What??  She was fine a few days ago.  But there they were, cute and wrinkled, laying on Alicen.  I put aside my plans to decorate my tree to get to the hospital and squeeze those little cuties.  I took Melanie and Cherai with me.  We got flowers and drove to the hospital.  Had a nice visit with Alicen, didn't get to see the twins, Chase and Luke, because they were in the nursery being tended to.  In talking with her, we found out she didn't even have her tree yet!  Unheard of!  So, of course, I volunteered to spend our evening doing that for her.  The best part, they get a real tree!


I was supposed to be at the theater to help with auditions at 11, but couldn't get through due to a parade.  She told me it was a slow day so not to worry about it.  Katy and I then hit a few stores to return some things and then lunch.  I was home by noon and had plenty of time to decorate my tree.  Yeah!!  Decorating is done, lights are done, clean up is done!  I mentioned the date night tree activity to Glade but he didn't think that was such a great idea.  In letting the  Rapiers know, Clint was a little disappointed.  We finished cleaning up just in time to get the little ones to their piano recital.  They both did great!  I love hearing them practice, especially when it's Christmas songs while I decorate my tree. ♥




After the recital Glade stayed to practice his song for the party on Saturday.  Ya know, sometimes people just become extremely attractive doing certain things.  Watching him sing that beautiful song just put me in full melt mode.  We made it back home to find a text from Clint wondering about my tree idea and if we were still up to it.  YES!!  The Kettrings, Clint and us (we?) all grabbed a quick bite to eat at Panda Express.  While there, Jenny called so they came and joined us.  Then we headed out to find a tree.  After coming up empty at Home Depot, a nearby nursery was mentioned.  Made. My. Christmas.




The nursery had tons of trees of all sizes, Christmas lights and music, a fire pit and hot chocolate.  And it was COLD outside.  The smell, the atmosphere, the amorous feelings towards my husband, good friends...It was like a perfect storm of Christmas loveliness. This lot names all of their trees and we found a good one with a tag that read "Alice".  Perfect, add an "n" and now you have "Alicen".  Sold!  We told the teenage boys we wanted that one and were rattling on about how his wife just had twin baby boys when they suggested they make two more tags with the babies names on them.  Teen age boys!  It was perfect.  We took the tree to the Rapiers where we put lights and ornaments on, had soft music in the background and good friends everywhere.  Just an awesome night!  Eventually the Bryants joined us as well and we all just sat around talking till we were too tired.  Love love loved this day.







No comments: