Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pretty Ho Hum

Not much to blog about.  Life is going along as usual. Busy, not busy, crazy, chaotic and peaceful.  Kids went back to school, I went back to trying to keep things up to par, Glade's still swamped at work... the usual.

The Gilbert Temple open house is coming NEXT Saturday, that's pretty exciting.  I'm looking forward to many exciting experiences as we give tours through the temple.  We get to go in for the first time on Tuesday.  We've already had our first Cultural Celebration rehearsal with the youth and it went really well.  I was super nervous that I would have a handful of kids make it difficult for me but they did great!

No one is doing any sports or plays right now so life is mostly on the slow side (for us).  It's been nice having some evenings just at home with the kids.  We just signed the final papers for our land so it's officially ours!  Now to get on with building a new house, that's actually pretty exciting and overwhelming at the same time.  Let's hope Glade and I can pull through in one piece!

Stephen is working at Taco Bell now, has a girlfriend.. Taylor Contessa and recently rear ended someone.  Fun times.  Bishop released his mission papers today so we can get working on them.  He has a lot of work to do before he will be able to go.  Hopefully he can buckle down and get serious about it.  Rhett has started piano lessons.  I hope he sticks with it cuz I think he could be really good.

I've been purging all sorts of things for two reasons: 1) I REALLY want to have a more organized home. 2) in preparation for moving.  We just have way to much stuff.  It's a big... slow.. job, but so fulfilling to see emptier, organized space.  If I can only keep it that way!

I'm really trying hard to lose weight.  It's been a whole week that I have stuck to my weight watchers.  Only down one pound.  That's really discouraging.  The first week when people start making drastic changes usually results in good numbers.  Not me.  Grrr.  But I see myself and I just can't stay like this any longer.  I have tried to be "fat and happy" but I don't think they can really co exist.  So many things that are hard for me to do, just feels so blah.  In reality, it makes me want to crawl into bed with a big bowl of chocolate.  But that's not the answer, that's the problem!  I know it only takes a while to start feeling good again and strong, but I'm certainly not there yet.

Nick's court date it tomorrow and hopefully we will know more about his future, but we don't' think it's that kind of hearing.  We've gotten two letters from him and he appears to be doing well (under the circumstances).  It's weird as it becomes more real that he won't be with us for several years.  Choice and accountability.... It will be nice when we finally know his sentence and can then move forward from there.

No comments: