Thursday, August 22, 2013

Grease

It's that time again!!  When isn't it that time again?  We just went through another round of auditions, this time for the high school version of Grease.  What that means is that they've cleaned it up and tried to make it appropriate for families.  Still a terrible story line, but SO fun at the same time.  I was slated to Ast. Direct, but am now doing choreography.  I'm super excited and very nervous at the same time.  The music is to die for and this time the cast is all kids between 13 and 18.  In the past I've mainly worked with littler kids and big groups of all ages.  I'm hoping we can do some really fun stuff with this.  Choreography is not a natural skill for me and it's a little stressful getting it all figured out, but then it's totally fun dancing it and teaching the kids.  I'm hoping to come up with good stuff to add to the show, did I mention I'm a little nervous?  Well, it's what I have to do and I'm just going to tackle it and do the best I can!

All of my older children auditioned except Whitley, since she's getting married and all.  It's a heartbreaking experience to go through auditions and not have places for everyone.  There are always tears involved.  Though Dalin is only 12, they made an exception so he wouldn't have to miss mutual and because we needed boys, so he is part of the ensemble as well as Brooklyn and Rhett.  Rhett is so frustrating because he has so much talent but refuses to put it out there.  It's most maddening because I would give anything to have his running and performing talents and he barely cares.  But anyway, he's a great ensemble person, just has the ability to do more.  Maybe one day he'll see what he could do and give some true effort.  Stephen got the part of Sonny, one of the T-Birds.  He's so great on stage, just struggles a little vocally.

We had our first rehearsal and on Saturday we start dancing.  Should be fun!!

Bo and Katy are both in the children's play 101 Dalmatians.  They are, of course, dalmatians!

No comments: