Sunday, August 18, 2013

Jump Right In

So I haven't blogged for a few months.  How in the world do you start up again?  Go back from the last post and try to catch up in chronological order?  Skip the last few months and just start where I am?  It's all a little overwhelming so I decided to just start where I am and try to catch up with the past intermittently.  Still overwhelming.  Lesson: Don't procrastinate!  So I'm not going to try to tell about all the things we DID, just with what we have going on right now.  So here goes.

This last week was my first week with my kids in school.  Both schools got delayed due to construction so Stephen has been the only one in school.  It was quite the wait!  Now, I'm sure you're thinking it's because I just wanted my time and space back and that my kids were making me nuts.  Well, you are partially right, BUT...they wanted to go back.  I can't tell you how many times they whined about wanting to go back to school.  One night, on the way home from a friends house, Bo randomly whimpers "I just want to go back to school!".  So when they are unhappy and bored, we're all unhappy.  This is the first time I've ever had all my kids in school for the whole time as well.  It wasn't quite the week I had anticipated, but I can see lots of potential.

So my days are filled with trying to get my house caught up (we really let it go this summer), trying to become a runner again and doing paperwork.  Fun stuff!  I'm making progress in all areas but still have a long way to go.  It's still extremely hot outside so running isn't really anything I can take too seriously right now, but I'm trying little bits at a time.

Glade is traveling a lot since their new business merger.  By a lot I mean a couple times a month for a day or two.  More than I'm used to and I can't say I really enjoy it.  He says next year he'll have earned a lot of free flights and maybe I can start coming with him here and there.

So I guess I'll try to start catching up with easy and important posts first.  Maybe once I get some momentum going I won't dread it so much!  To all my blogging buddies, if I can do it... so can you!  Get blogging!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My life is happy now! I can catch up with one my most favorite families! Congratulations on all that has happened! Love you lots. Dacia