Sunday, August 18, 2013

Brynlee Lynn

Brynlee Lynn Hon
6lbs 11 oz
20 in
July 26, 2013

I will keep the story somewhat short and sweet.  If you want a full account, you can go to Chelsey's blog 

In summation, she went to a routine weekly appt where she was found to have really high blood pressure.  They sent her to the hospital for more testing where she was then admitted to be induced.  Surprise!  You're having a baby TODAY!  Well actually it was the next day, the induction took awhile.  But after about 24 full hours of being in labor, she gave birth to sweet little Brynlee.



 


 I was able to be with her from start to finish.  It's really a whole different experience watching your own child go through it.  I absolutely loved being there.  I'm sure Spencer wanted to shoo me away sometimes, I had a hard time remembering this wasn't MY child. ♥  She did great and I was SO proud of how she handled it all.  One tough cookie.  Love you tons Chels.











Because she was much smaller than what we were expecting, Glade and I, Mom and a couple of our friends got to go shopping on our date night to go find her something to wear home.  We had about 4 different outfits picked out including the yellow one but I was the only one who thought that's the one she would like.  I decided to send her a pic of all four outfits and she chose the yellow!  I know my girl.  Brynlee began to be jaundiced so she had to stay an extra day which was devastating to Chelsey, but the hospital was wonderful and gave Chelsey a "nesting" room so she could stay as well.  She spent 24 hours under the lights and then was finally released!  What fun to help pack them all into their car and watch them drive away with their new little family.





Chelsey struggled the first week or so trying to figure out the whole nursing thing.  I tried to help as much as possible but it's hard when you have a family still at home that needs you. Luckily my Mom is close by her and has been an absolute angel for Chelsey.  We texted a lot and I spent a whole day there trying to help her out and finally I think things have mostly settled into a routine and they both have it figured out.  My baby is a Mommy.

No comments: