Sunday, August 18, 2013

Joy


It's that moment when you realize how incredibly BLESSED you are.  The moment when your heart is so filled with love that the only way to make room for it all is through the release of salty tears that streak down your cheeks.  This is what happened in my living room tonight.  Nick was ordained to the Melchizedek priesthood tonight.  That is a big step for him and one that he sought out and pushed for.  When asked by our Bishop what this means to him or why he wanted to take this step, my son of few words said very little but did say "that it can help me get closer to my mission".  Those are words he hasn't spoken in a long time.  He's been very open about not wanting to go on a mission.  He's gotten himself in a good place recently, but for him to say those words, was just awesome.  Then as I looked around my family room filled with extended family and my entire immediate family, it was just too much.  The tears came.

I've always had a little sore spot about not having any pioneer heritage.  I'm jealous when people talk about there ancestors who crossed the plains.  For some reason the pioneer life has always had a draw for me.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my family!!  Please don't misconstrue my desire for pioneer heritage as anything but a love for the pioneers.  For their love of the Lord and willingness to sacrifice it all for him.  In some small way, I am a pioneer in the Gospel for my children and posterity.  I'm just so grateful for each one of these wonderful and amazing children I have been given.  And now to add in-laws and grandbabies to the bunch is just truly beautiful!  

1 comment:

Leslie said...

This is wonderful news! You have prayed for this forever. Love you! You are a pioneer! I use you (and my own parents) as an example when I teach about pioneers. :)