Sunday, August 25, 2013

Music

I know I've posted before about my attachment to music, but I'm feeling it again.  I love music.  Almost all kinds of music.  I truly believe that life would be more fun if every situation had a song playing in the background, just like in the movies.  Lots of times I will hear a song and immediately want to watch the movie it came from.  Then there are times when a song will remind me of a situation or person that I relate to it for whatever reason.  This weekend seemed to be a music filled, memory loaded one.  So I decided I'd share some of my treasures.

Breakeven - This song was on the radio and fairly new when Chelsey and I were driving up to Flagstaff to get her set up for school.  When I hear it, I think of her and that fun time we spent together.

A Thousand Years - This is a newer memory.  Rhett sang it for an audition and if you recall a previous post about it, I wanted to "punch him in the face".  He sang it so beautifully standing right here in my office.  I like to tease him about it being our song.  He thinks it's creepy, but I love it.

Cruise - This is the song that makes me think of Stephen.  The lyrics say something like "make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise".  He loves it.  One day in the car he expressed his love for it and sang very energetically as we drove along.  Now when I hear it, I think of him with a smile.  I can't not mention Shania's song "Feel like a Woman".  When Stephen was very little he would sing that one with all the enthusiasm he could muster.  We still like to remind him of it. :)

When I think about Angels - This one is for Whitley.  When she was very little, like 8 maybe, this song came on and I sang it to her as we were driving.  She sat in the seat next to me with the goofiest, cutest grin every time I would point at her  while singing "when I think about angels, I think about YOU!".

Some Nights - This is also a new one.  I'm not sure I can ever again listen to this one without seeing Dalin crooning out the lyrics while putting every ounce of energy and emotion into it during his audition.  Oh how I wish I had a video of that!  There are no words.

Glade, of course, has so many I can't even begin to mention, but maybe I will just a few.  Different songs all with a "situation" attached.  Unchained Melody, Still the One, Feels so Right, Far Away, Keeper of the Stars, Take it on the Run... the list is long. ♥

This weekend I heard No Parking on the Dance floor and flashed back to a lip sync we did and used the beginning of that song  to start it.  Fun times!

If I hear Arms of the Angel I remember a sad time where I decided to have some alone time and take a bath with candles and music and this song was perfect for the setting and took me away for just a moment.

Abide with me tis Eventide came on during an especially emotional day when I couldn't stop crying and gave me the peace I longed for, even for just a minute.

Be Still My Soul - This played as our sweet sister Joy passed away.  Absolute tender mercy.

I could go on and on about all the songs that have touched me or bring back sweet feelings and memories.  Life should be a musical!

No comments: