Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mommy Tantrum

I'm totally guilty.  Yelling, slamming, crying on my bed... I did it all.  But in my defense, THEY made me do it!  Most days I'm patient and in control.  Ok, well sort of.  Anyway, the last two days have put me over the edge.  In a nutshell, here's what THEY did:

-Every kid but Katy got a D on their report card
-made me drive 50 miles roundtrip just to FAIL a foodhandlers test. Nope, no studying "thought it would all be common sense".
-made me drive a really long ways as part of an organized "play date" for teenagers and then didn't bother to come home when agreed upon, 2 hours late actually.
-2 got kicked off the bus for a day because they're idiots.  They will be walking.
-turned two of my family activities into screaming, crying events.
-made some really rash decisions that make NO sense
-have I mentioned the constant punching?
-leaving serious bite marks on another child's arm. No, there are no babies in this house.
-popcorn and gogurt wrappers everywhere.  Apparently we have a maid that will come and take care of all their garbage.
-coming seriously close to being kicked out of my van 15 miles from home.  I would have done it.

the REAL Smith Family

This is just over a TWO day period.  Somewhere I have failed miserably.  What I know for sure is that even a Mom isn't above a little tantrum now and again.  It's all THEIR fault.

2 comments:

Dacia said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Of course you can have a tantrum. It's when the "once in awhile" turns into every day that you have a problem. You have not failed. You haven't given up. Keep moving on. Someday, those kids of yours will get "it". Love you lots!

Leslie said...

Oh boy. I promise if you drive a really long way to have lunch with me you will leave happy. :)