Thursday, October 4, 2012

I got Nothin

Last night as I was driving home from the Temple, I had all these thoughts I wanted to share with someone.  But I was alone.  I thought "I could FB that and see what happens".  Then I thought "I'm really weird". Then I thought "Maybe I should just do a rambling blog post about all the crazy things I think".  Yah, that's it!!  Then I woke up this morning to do that and couldn't really remember all my great thoughts from last night.  Bummer.

Last night we went to the Temple to see a family in our ward have their little boy sealed to them.  It was crazy hard getting there with it being scout/mutual night but I did it!  While there, I bumped into Chelsey and Spencer.  How fun to just randomly be there at the same time.  I also ran into a friend of mine going in with her son who's leaving on a mission in two days.  She made the comment "this is what Heaven must be like".  I whole heartedly agree!  After, Glade and I went to get ice cream which is traditional for us after a Temple visit.  It was the drive home from there that inspired my now disappointing blog post. Ü

So in an attempt to get my last week down without so much typing, here's a sampling of our first week of fall break:

- bought 4 new pair of running shoes
- taken my kids running twice so far
- had FHE at the park with many great friends
- delivered 10 Phantom Ghost plates
- found butternut squash ravioli
- Had and outing with one of my longest BFFs, loved it!
- Halloween Bunko, where I served the ravioli
- brunch with Mom
- temple visit
- bought two Christmas gifts

That was me, my kids have mostly stayed home and played video games all day.  Other than when I make them go run.  Pathetic I know.  They've participated in some of my shopping and of course all the fun stuff but mostly been couch potatoes.  If it weren't still 100 degrees I might plan an outing or two!  Tonight we all have play practice and tomorrow is promising to be a great day for a Costco run. ♥

No comments: