Thursday, September 6, 2012

To go or Not to go

I was faced with an awful decision this weekend.  Some good friends of ours are thinking of buying some property in Colorado and are going to see it this weekend.  Glade is going with and offered for me to come as well.  Hello?? Four days in the beautiful (and cool) mountains of Colorado... Yes!!  But then came the kink.  Rhett has his first high school cross country meet this Saturday.  He's really nervous about the whole thing.  He has been amazing at getting up every day at 4:45 to get himself ready to go to practice.  I've been shocked and very proud of his dedication.  He is the fastest one on his team and he's only a freshman.

This doesn't actually equate to much.  The tough part is that he's had no one to push him or pace him.  So he's going into this meet completely blind.  He could give someone a run for their money or come in dead last.  We have no idea.  I wouldn't miss a weekend away in Colorado for very many things, but I really feel like he needs me right now.  It's a super hard position to be in.  Not many people understand Rhett like I do or know the things to say to get him to be in a good place emotionally.  I'll be surprised if he gets through this meet without tears.  Maybe he'll prove me totally wrong and be just great, but I'm afraid to put that to the test.  So I send my sweet husband to a place it's killing me to miss, all alone.  He's going to enjoy green, 70 degree weather while I'm stuck here.  Oh the torture!

1 comment:

Dacia said...

You can always go to Colorado, but Rhett won't have another first race! Good decision, and Good Luck Rhett!!!