Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

What a fabulous long weekend!  Friday started it with a nice date night with good friends seeing the movie The Odd Life of Timothy Greene.  So cute!  Saturday I stayed home most of the day doing nothing and little projects. I painted my half wall in my kitchen, don't love it, and my entry table.  We made homemade pizza and stayed in for the evening.  Sunday was fast Sunday and my allergies were going crazy!  Makes it hard to stay focused on your fast when your sneezing every 15 seconds.  Not fun at all.  That night we all went to Smith's for dinner.  That was a really  nice night, almost the entire family was actually there!  Kent even came.  It was nice to see him again.

Monday, being Labor Day... I made the kids work all morning!  They did really well in getting all the jobs done without too much prodding and whining.  Since they were all so helpful, I took them to Taco Bell for lunch.  Ulterior motive there, kitchen stayed clean.  Stephen, Nick and Dalin all went with Glade to help him paint cabinets at the rental house.  They had worked all day Saturday and part of the afternoon Monday putting in planters out front of our house as well.  They look really good and I'm excited to actually get some plants in there!

That morning we had done a little work on the treadmill.  Saturday morning Rhett went out running with Jake so Jake could pace him a little faster than what he gets at his normal practices.  He did really well, despite the tears.  This morning I had him do sprints.  He was running one minute at a time as we increased his speed.  His last one, he did at 12 mph.  He only lasted 30 seconds on that one, but he did it.  He only cried once this time.  When I asked why he was upset, he said he wasn't.  Then I asked why he was crying and he said he didn't know.  I told him he should be feeling so strong and proud right now, but for some reason... doing hard things makes him cry.  Even when he's successful!  I was very proud of him.  His first meet is next Saturday.  I also had a great morning on the treadmill!  I was supposed to do 3/4 of a mile today.  I upped my speed a little and went for a mile and half!!  I was so super deduper happy.  And sore the next day.  BUT, I'm doing it.  Now, my back is a little sore today so I'm going to take it easy tomorrow when I get back on, but so very exciting for me!

That afternoon we went to the Bryants for a swim party and then back to our house for a BBQ.  I think we ended up with ten families there.  It was crowded and busy, but I think everyone had a really good time. I did at least. We broke out the water bottle launcher and that was a huge hit.  The kids had a blast, ended up soaked and even the adults enjoyed watching.  One of my favorite things is being surrounded by such great people who I adore!  If only I had taken a few pictures...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I know the Claytons had a great time!