Friday, September 14, 2012

As Good as I Expected

I may have blogged about this before, but the Wildflower Bread Co has a pasta dish called butternut squash ravioli.  I had it for the first time last year.  I believe I described it as "fall (autumn) in your mouth".  The problem is that they only serve it after 3pm.  Well, I don't do a lot of things without Glade so it makes going to dinner with my mom a little challenging.  We do lunch often, but not dinner.  Glade would totally not love eating at the Wildflower Bread Co, so I've waited for just the right opportunity to go and partake of this joyful experience.  Glade was out of town for 8 days.  So last weekend mom and I planned our outing, but life got in the way and we just couldn't make it work.  So tonight, our last chance, we made it happen.

I was a little nervous about my brain making it better than it really was, but nope... my very first bite I think my eyes rolled to the back of my head in sheer pleasure.  Exactly as wonderful as I had remembered.  The only problem was when there was only one little bite left. What was I to do???  I ate it.. sadly.. with a vow that I would be back.  Or I would find a recipe, but that's highly unlikely.  It's in this nutty sauce with a bit of nutmeg.. oh man.. pure Heaven.  Glade may just have to suck it up and go with me next time.

After we ate, we still had about an hour to kill so we jaunted over to Hobby Lobby.  Seriously, that, right after "fall in your mouth".  Someone pinch me.  There was this beautiful Christmas tree, only it wasn't a Christmas tree, it was a FALL tree.  My mind was reeling with the possibilities!  My tree up for 2 whole months!  Oh man, this could be bad.


It would have ended as a perfect night when we found the perfect ruffle for my curtains AND a coupon to buy it with, but the lady refused to cut it for us because it was 8:00.  Seriously, you are telling me I can't purchase something??  Unbelievable.  I guess I'll go buy it at JoAnn's.  But once I got over that, I enjoyed my long drive home with the windows down.  No, not because it was so nice out.  My A/C has been out all week.  Hair. A. Mess.  But whatever!!  Awesome night with my Mom and my hubby coming home any minute.  Life is good. ♥

No comments: