Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Obsession Continues

You'd think a long night's sleep would take care of my previous day's craziness.  Nope.  Actually my day only got better yesterday because I got to go help Jenny get her Bunko gift.  We went to Kirklands, Big Lots and Joann's.  That's where my today's adventures actually began.  I'd been looking for a new fall wreath, but they are so expensive!  When I really looked at one I liked, it was just a string of leaves on a wreath.  I have an unused wreath exactly like that at home!  So I bought an $8 string of sparkly leaves to make my own wreath.  Whitley helped me put it all together this morning so naturally, we had to try it out.  How could I take it down after it fit so nicely on my front door???  So I didn't. Ü


Then we started peeling pears so we could can them.  I bought a big box yesterday.  Well, they are still not ripe enough.  We had already peeled four or five so now what to do.  I looked up pear recipes and found this pear raisin cookie recipe.  It was actually really good!  I need to go buy more raisins and walnuts to make another batch now.  Yum!



And of course, since the oven was on and my kids had already devoured the bread I made the other day, I had to whip up a few more of these.  I started adding gluten to my recipes so maybe that has helped make it a little less crumbly and more soft. I dunno, but really tasty.


So while I should have been on the treadmill, I was filling my kitchen (and belly) with all these delicious little treats.  Now I feel like a big fat toad.  Blah!  I also tried burning my itty bitty candle and couldn't smell a thing.  Glad I didn't spend any money on that one.  Tonight I make taco soup to take to bunko and drool over all the fun fall gifts that will probably show up.  Tomorrow I'm going to go to dinner to eat butternut squash with my mom and then it's probably back to my hot hellish reality.... It's not fall where I live.  It won't be for a very long time.  But for now it's been a fun couple of days pretending. ♥

No comments: