Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Forever in my Mind... Hopefully

Bo got to go to a birthday party this weekend at an indoor skate park.  I was a nervous wreck leaving him there.  The very first line of the waiver I signed mentioned highly likely... death... permanent paralysis...  All scary stuff.  We outfitted him with knee and elbow pads, a big helmet and his scooter.  This place was designed for littler kids so that made it a little better.  I did leave him with a plea that he not try anything tricky or try to do things other kids were doing and reminded him of how much Rhett hated wearing a cast on his arm.  I kissed him soundly, professed my love for him and headed home.

Upon my return, I got to watch him for just a minute before I let him know I was there.  First, I was grateful the whole way there that my phone had not rung so nothing too bad must have happened.  As I watched him scooter up and down the ramps, I was impressed with how easily he got on and off the scooter without interfering with the flow of traffic.  The song "Party Rock" was playing and just as the part says "Every day I'm shuffling..." and the music gets all fun, he drops his scooter, hops up onto the platform and starts completely jamming out.  Helmet, pads and all.. that kids was groovin!  Then in a final show of coolness, he does a giant tuck jump off the platform and gets back on his scooter to finish his ride.  It lasted all of 20 seconds and I, of course, have no record of it.  Only in my mind.  That little toothless cutie puttin it all out there.  I'm so grateful for those little moments. ♥

No comments: