Thursday, September 13, 2012

Music makes MY world go round

I love music.  Lots of music.  All kinds of music.  Well, not all kinds, but most.  I can fit a song to whatever I'm doing.  Today music helped me run.  That's the case most of the time.  I ran two whole miles without stopping today.  Slowly, but I still did it.  Then I finished with a "sprint"  quarter mile.  I always have to find a song I know will get me through.  One day it was Let it Rock.  That's right "because when I arrive, I I'll bring the fire..".  If we're thinking  of fire, there's always Fire from Camp Rock "I'll be bringing you the fire..gonna light it up.."  Speaking of Camp Rock, It's On says "Show me show me show me show me show what you got, Come on come on come on come on ready or not".  Today as I ran my "sprint", it was all about Imma Be and guess what, Imma was!!  Seriously, it doesn't matter the song, I can make it fit.  Running brings out the beast in me, full confidence.  I like to wake Whitley up with the sweet hymn "wake up!  and do something more.. than lay in your bed all day".  Yep I change 'em to fit what I'm doing.  Call the kids to dinner with the always favorite "dinner time! dinner time! Din-ner time.  D I N NER Dinner dinner time, hey!!"  In giving encouragement to my children I like to sing the wise words of Hannah Montana "life's what you make it, so let's make it rock!"  or "We're all in this together" from HSM.  The list goes on and on. 

I can't even imagine what kind of dreamy fog my life would be if music broke out at all the right moments like it does in the movies.  How awesome would that be??  I can almost not leave my house without singing "Gotta go but I'll be back soon" from Oliver.  If I even hear 3 notes from "Arms of the Angel" I just have to go watch that movie!!  Don't even get me started on the many songs I get mushy about relating to Glade. ♥  Or Christmas music!!  Then's there's all the great church music.  There is truly a song for everything!


I can't sing a lick, but music is such an influence on my everyday life.  There are so many ways to love and appreciate music.  So I'll sum it up with words by Madonna "music.. makes the people... come together.."

No comments: