Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On the Softer Side

With so much that has gone on this summer, I feel like it's been a little bit of a wild ride. I need to get the rest of the pics of the race then I will finish that post. But on a softer note, some other little good things have happened lately that have made my heart smile.

I have had some concerns lately about a few of my kids, nothing serious, just concerned. I know we aren't perfect parents and haven't done all that we should, but I do feel like we have tried really hard. When they start thinking for themselves and have the freedom to act independently, it makes me a little nervous. It's kinda sucky cuz I want to tell details to make my point, but then there's always the privacy factor to consider. I guess I will just say this, even if lots of times they appear to be doing the opposite just to spite you...or trying new things cuz you never let them...there are also moments when they come right back and do all the things you hoped they would. Free agency is such a blessing, but it's also a cause for anxiety to a parent. It's nice to have little glimpses that all the time and effort hasn't been for naught. That underneath the teenage exterior is a kid who likes their parents. Even if they are small and not as often as I would prefer, it's so rewarding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids love you - every last one of the buggers. You and Glade have done a fantastic job of raising them right. You always give them just enough rope, but none of them have hung themselves. You should be proud, of yourselves, and the kids. Dacia

Leslie said...

Welcome home. Free agency is great, when I'm the one making the choices. :p