Friday, July 30, 2010

Holy Grapes

We finally made it to Santa Rosa where our hotel is. Some crazy long drive! We left Thursday afternoon and drove about 5 hours to Banning to stay the night. We stopped for pizza on the way and Jake wasn't feeling well. We were worried about him having a fever and being well for the race. He felt better the next morning, but still not great. He seems fine now so let's hope he stays that way.

We got up and started driving Thursday morning. I felt like my kids in the car. I was so antsy to get out. I could see how if I wasn't as mature as I was, I might start doing really annoying things in my boredom and desires to GET OUT of that car. Luckily the end of the drive was beautiful! Napa Valley, wine capital, is amazing. I have never seen so many miles of grape vines. What's more amazing is to think that all those are harvested by hand. My mind cannot comprehend how that is possible. Once we got to our hotel, we put on WARM clothes and walked to a nearby diner. It was called Willie Bird's. What we didn't know was that the only thing they served was turkey. I like turkey, but turkey shouldn't be in all dishes. I really wanted to stroganoff, but I was a little weary of turkey stroganoff so I went with a turkey sandwich. It was very interesting.

The boys are getting a little nervous and counting down the hours. This morning it's totally overcast and a little chilly. The boys are out riding and will be back soon to pick us up for a morning run. Jenny and I have already located a movie theater and outlet mall to keep us busy while they are doing the race. We do have 13 hours or so to fill! There is a link you can go to to follow their progress, but I'm not sure what it is. When I find out, I'll come back and post it. Ta Ta for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Jake is feeling better. Good luck to Glade and Jake on the run. You and Jenny better not buy out all of the stores! Have a wonderful time. Dacia

Leslie said...

Good luck to the boys!