Monday, August 16, 2010

AHHCHOOO!

Sunday sucked. I woke up sneezing and could never stop. I took both Clariten and Benadryl but neither did anything for me other than make me spacey and tired. By the time it was time to go to church, my head was pounding and my throat burned. I contemplated staying home, but that seemed silly since I wasn't "sick". I decided to lay down for just a few minutes to see if that helped. Church starts at ten. At 9:26 I was still in bed. I decided to just get up and go. It was the right thing to do. I barely combed my hair, threw on clothes I hated and started out the door.

I called for the big girls, but they didn't come down. We always leave at 9:45 and now it was 9:52. I was really irritated so I left without them. Chelsey can drive so I wasn't too worried. Got to church, got settled and had even given myself a pep talk about enjoying the day. It wasn't too far into church when the sneezing started again. Sneeze, blow...sneeze, blow...grrrrr! As the sacrament was being passed, Dalin was messing around leaning forward playing with his shoes so we passed it right by him. I could have nudged him, but again...irritable. When he sat up and said "I didn't get one!" I barked at him that maybe if he paid attention he wouldn't miss things. That made him cry, which made me cry. I was being so mean and it wasn't even his fault. Once the tears started, there was no turning them off. I kept my head down, but now I was really needing to blow! As soon as the sacrament was done being passed, I turned to Glade and told him I was going home. I guess he hadn't noticed the crying so he was a little in shock. I got up and left.

At home I crawled into bed and slept for the next 2.5 hours. The kids came home (Chelsey took Whitley to the singles ward with her, but was there at the end to bring them all home). They were very sweet, Chels made lunch and Bo kept telling me he was sorry I was sick. I took another hour nap with Katy after lunch then had to get moving for Sunday dinner. The evening wasn't as bad as the morning, but still bad.

This morning I'm still sneezing, but now it's all settling in my chest. My sinuses are still congested and my throat still burns. I hate allergies. So today has been a jammie day doing nothing but laundry and computer stuff. Luckily the menu calls for homemade chicken soup tonight. I really need to run, but can't see that being too realistic. Lots of people called to check on me and that was really sweet, it's nice to be missed.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Half of us at our house are having allergy attacks right now, too. YUK! Poor Kaisa has it the worst. We can't find a medicine that works either. Benadryl just wipes her out (which is GREAT at bedtime! She has such a hard time falling asleep that when she has allergies I LOVE giving her some 'help.') ;) Good luck. Have you tried rinsing your sinuses? (I hate it and think it's useless, but christian swears by it.)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Laurie! I feel so bad for you! Did you try Zyrtec? Nicole swears by it. I hope you are better soon. I know, you aren't sick, you just don't feel well! Good thing you have kids that are willing and able to help you out. Husband, too! Dacia

Jake and Jenny said...

Brooklyn told me you went home early, sick and crying. So sorry, not feeling good and allergies are no fun.