Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dance!!

For a long time I have wanted to put on a dance for the grown ups. We don't dance nearly as often as I would like. Well, we never dance actually. So I made the arrangements and organized a playlist and invited all my closest (everyone I knew) friends to come and party with us. I had a lot more promises to come than actual people come, but that's to be expected. We had 11 couples with final count. I can only speak for myself, but I had a blast! It was slow getting started but it wasn't long before all caution was thrown to the wind. I stopped worrying if I looked good or if people thought I was weird and just had a great time. Of course, I loved every song played ( I made the list) so it was just really super fun for me. I think everyone else had a good time and I was grateful they all obliged me and came along!



Clint and Alicen were our dance instructors for the evening. They can cut quite the rug with the partner dancing.


I think everyone enjoyed the line dancing. We did Boot Scoot and Boogie, the Electric Slide and the Casper something or other.




They looked awesome!


I loved seeing everyone get out there and give it there all.




BFF Leslie. She and Christian stayed with me to the end! Just like the old days.


The Kettrings. They both proved that white people CAN dance!


Ok, so a lot of people pooped out by then end, but I'm ok with some good old fashion "chat".


I think it was a success. I had to ponytail it not too long after it started. Dancing till you sweat comes a little easier than it used to! Maybe we'll do it again one of these days!


Old friends from high school, it was so good to see everyone!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'll speak for us...the dance was a blast! Thanks for putting it together and for the invite. I'm glad you are happy with how it turned out. We're looking forward to the next one!

Leslie said...

We had a great time. I'm sad we had to be late, but better late than never! I'm so glad to be one of your closest friends. :)

P.S. I loved the playlist. :)