Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Dalin!


Well, my used-to-be baby is 9. We threw a very last minute birthday party once we realized we were busy or gone for the next three weekends. I had a coupon for free bowling, so we invited some of his friends from scouts to come with us Monday afternoon. I knew that holiday would come in handy for something. Luckily, boys don't know about poor planning. The bowling ally was much farther than I thought it was, but it's where I had to use the coupon. It wouldn't have been so bad, but one little guy had to leave to go to an eye appt early. His mom showed up just 15 min after we got there. I felt really bad. Not to mention, we had to wait nearly a half hour before we got to bowl.

The boys hung out in the arcade, begging for money, but I stayed strong. Actually Dalin used some of his birthday money and shared it with all the boys. Once we got bowling, all was well. I guess if you call gloating and crying well! It was really sad....they all used bumpers, so truly, it was all luck. Some boys were luckier than others and those that weren't, had a hard time keeping the tears away and those that were, let everyone know how great they were. I had to keep reminding them it was all for fun. The best part happened when the one who had to leave made it back and they were all in the 10th frame. Each one of them gladly let him roll their last turn. No one even had to be coaxed, they gladly gave up their turn so he could get a little bowling in. I was so proud of each one of them. Once we were done, we were going for ice cream. Whitley had made cupcakes, but I don't know what happened to them...yuck. So, we settled for cones from McDonald's. I think everyone had a great time. I wish I had a tape recorder or pencil and paper at the least, to write down all the crazy things that were said in my van that day. Let's see, I know there was something said about "if you are chubby, that makes you smarter." and one said "I got the f-a-r-t machine ready to go!" and one who continually asked "give me another math problem!" then the one that answered "I was gonna say that!" after each answer to the math problems. I think the sweetest was when the one leaving for the eye appt asked when his mom was going to be there because.. "I would rather not go blind than go bowling." Truly a funny age!















1 comment:

Lulu said...

THANK YOU so much. Jayce loved it- you are a trooper mom!