Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dalin's Pinewood Derby

Last night was Pinewood Derby. I only have one this year, Dalin. Glade and he worked on the car most of Monday night and Tuesday morning. He just wanted a shiny orange one, but it was so blah. I convinced him to put some stickers on it so we went to Michaels to look for some fire or something. We couldn't find any, so we chose pizza stickers. I'm pretty sure he was the first "pizza delivery" car in the derby's history. The night went really well aside from the tears. Yes there was crying and some "almost crying" by a few. It's hard to not be the winner. I'm a bad sport and I admit that, but Dalin is the worst. He came in 7th out of 22 boys and he didn't handle it well. He felt the track jipped him. It's always the track! Anyway, Notice in some of the pictures that his tongue was out a lot. I'm sure concentration is the key to a fast car!





During a break, we did "Cubscout joke" time. This little gal said she had one, but when she got up to the microphone, she just smiled and said to me "ok, tell me one". So I had to help her with a joke. I got nothin! So we went with the old knock knock joke Boo Hoo. She's cute.






Oh the crying.


This was a sad moment and it gave me the opportunity to make him not look like such a baby. I had told him earlier that I thought we were one ribbon short, so he probably wouldn't get one that night but I would buy him one the next day. I had given out all the ribbons and still had 2, not sure how that happened, but I noticed him over in the corner crying so I called him up to let him have his ribbon. (I hadn't even noticed till then that he didn't get one, good mom) So now every one thought that's why he was crying. Poor Dalin. I wouldn't let him have it till he smiled. Then he went back and sat and cried again.

No comments: