Thursday, January 7, 2010

A great deal


These are my new running shoes. They are compatible with the Nike chip that tracks your pace and calories and distance. Most of the new shoes that work with it are close to $100. Some for $80. I'm not willing to pay that for shoes so I have been shopping clearance stuff. The trick with that is that clearance stuff is limited in sizes. So far I have found that I should be able to get a pair for $50 somewhere. Not that outrageous, but still more than I like to pay. After much searching, I finally find a pair, not just any pair, but the style I actually prefer on sale at JCPenny. The only problem was that they had a sign for them, but no actual shoes. The guy says they can order them from the warehouse, but it won't give me their clearance price. BUT, he says he can work that out when they come in, just come talk to him. The original price was $75, but on sale for $50 (at the warehouse). They were $30 if they had had some in stock in the store. Well, they finally came in so I went to pick them up. LOVE them! I mentioned to the lady what they guy had told me and she was not happy. She said it was not possible and didn't know what he was talking about. She called the shoe department and everything. I was feeling really bad cuz that guy is probably in trouble now. I convinced her to just let me go talk to the people myself. One of the guys from the night I bought them was there and told me that Justin really couldn't do that, not rightfully. Anyway, they honored what he told me and I walked out with my shoes for $22. I feel really bad for Justin, he was just trying to be nice to me and give me the in store price. Now he's going to be unemployed and come hunt me down!

No comments: