Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas 2009 at Grandma's

After we finish with all the craziness at home, we head to my mom's house for Christmas dinner with her. This year we got there a little later than usual which made lunch a little more chaotic. The kids were hungry by then and it would be almost an hour till we could get lunch done and yet they want to open gifts as well. We tried to get things in the oven, then open gifts while it cooked. Made for a little bit of a rush. We didn't do traditional Christmas dinner this time, we went Italian. The kids thought it was great! After lunch, Katy, Bo and I laid down for a much needed nap. The kids all played with their new stuff and Brooklyn helped Gram clean up. Sorry mom. Once we were done there, we headed to the Smith's to say Merry Christmas and eat more food. Just what we needed. What a long, fantastic day!

This is what happens when little girls wake up too early on Christmas morning. It was about 10 am on the way to Grandma's house.

Stephen is perplexed by the old, used book we got him. I thought he would love it. It's the history of America.

Dalin felt like he got a little cheated and later in the day I figured out why. One of his gifts got stuck under the sofa. I don't know what made me realize it was missing, but I'm glad I did. It was the Hardy Boys books he was dying to read.


Here we go again! Bo was just as anxious as before.



Brooklyn's face is hilarious. This is the story: Mom got Brooklyn and Katy this totally awesome ginormous dollhouse. Brooklyn actually saw the box in the back of the van. When I told her it wasn't for her, she replied "I wouldn't want that anyway, it's for Barbies." So the only gifts they actually got to open were two new Barbies. She didn't know about the house yet and was obviously not happy about getting two Barbies. She even said "seriously Grandma?" It was hard to keep a straight face. You had to feel a little bad for her. Not only did she have less gifts than everyone else, they were Barbies.

Katy loved her Barbies.


Nick and Stephen both got new shoes which they desperately needed. We ventured out and got Nick purple and black ones. He said he totally loved them.



Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur....yep, she got 'em too! The funny thing about this was that Chelsey was really the one who asked for boots first. I had already gotten her new running shoes so my mom got her the boots. I thought we might have another "robe" incident when Whitley got hers early and Chelsey didn't. She's much more mature than that!




Dalin and Rhett stacked theirs to make a tower.

Whitley said she thought this game looked fun, so we got it for her. They played it and it was fun.


Mom made Brooklyn a purse out of a pair of jeans she couldn't wear anymore.


Stephen's shoes were black and orange. They also got new ties to share.


There's Dalin's signature move again. What a doof.


We blind folded the girls and brought out the doll house.


Not hatin' on the Barbies now, are ya Brooklyn??? They have made good use of it. Katy keeps taking the furniture apart and that's a pain, but they have really enjoyed it.


Rhett wore the arm guard to his bow and arrow all day. We kept encouraging him to put it away, but he just wouldn't.


We got Glade the Nike+ chip that goes into your shoe. I guess he had never heard of it, so he was a little confused by it all. When we went shopping to get him shoes, he saw that they also made it with a watch instead of through the IPOD so he got that instead and now I got the chip he is holding.

We got Mom a fancy shmancy pedometer and MP3 for her walking outings. She has done really well being diligent at it. This was a picture frame with pictures of the kids in it.
I forgot to mention before that besides my new treadmill, which is what I thought I was getting, Glade got me new pots and pans, a couple of books and a PORCH SWING!! Can't wait till he gets that put up. Mom got me a little video camera so hopefully now I can record more things more easily. And of course, Glade bought me flowers on Christmas eve.

No comments: