Wednesday, January 13, 2010

All in One Day

So this whole week has been filled with a whole lot of nothing. It's actually been quite nice, but nothing to blog about. I have been keeping my niece all week and even that has been uneventful. Again, a good thing. Today however was filled with exciting events. Whitley finally got her braces off! She was prolonged a little due to her not wearing her rubber bands, but the day has finally arrived. She looks great!! For some odd reason, I made her appointment in the middle of the day, so I had all three little ones with me. Her appointment was supposed to take two hours, so I took the three to Chick Fil A for lunch and let them play for awhile. Then we went to get some dog food that I have been out of for three days. Lucky Jack, I've been giving him yummy people food for the past few days.

After getting her braces off, Whitley was adamant she go back to school. I know you're thinking to show off her new smile, but she insisted it was because she didn't want to fall behind in math. Very admirable! So I took her back for the last hour and went home to get a little nap in with the babies. Rhett had a track meet after school so we headed out for that. Of course, I headed out without my camera..grrrr! Today's meet was a little different because they were giving out awards at the end. They called it an "invitational" even though it was the same schools that compete every week. Anyway, Rhett did really well and came in tenth over all. They gave medals to the top ten and then the top three in each grade level. He got a second place medal for the 6th graders. I'm just so proud of him. He has one more meet next week where they will hand out trophies at the end. He is really excited for that.

Lastly, my two oldest boys went to the high school for freshmen orientation. Yes, they will be in high school next year. I can't believe how things change so fast. This year is bringing A LOT of milestones for our family. Since I'm on the subject, I'll just go ahead and list them.

*Chelsey starts college (turns 18)
*Whitley and NIck turn 16 (driving and dating)
*Stephen and Nick start HS
*Rhett starts JRH
*Bo starts Kindergarten
*Rhett becomes a Deacon (goes to mutual)
*Stephen becomes a teacher (goes to dances)
*Glade runs an Ironman
*Laurie does a half marathon
*Glade and Laurie together for 20 years

That's a lot of big stuff in one year! A great beginning to a new decade.






You can see Rhett right behind the kid in white. They were close for a long time, but the other kid took off and left Rhett behind.



What other word is there.....Gorgeous!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great year you have ahead of you! Congrats to everyone for the accomplishments. Dacia

Jake and Jenny said...

What an exciting year ahead! Whitley's smile is so contagious, and Rhett is such a great kid!

Tammy said...

It's so nice to see such great things happening! I'm looking forward to reading all about them as they do!

Lulu said...

Holy shmolly. You have a serious year ahead of you. Good luck with that! Sounds like fun!

Camille said...

Loved the update. Chase too had to wear his braces longer--much much longer--than he normally would have because he didn't wear his rubberbands. What an expensive--I mean--gorgeous smile. She looks great!

Unknown said...

That is a lot of milestones. Tell Rhett congrats from us and Whitley is so pretty. Where is Chelsey planning on going to college? We miss your family!!

Leslie said...

Whitley looks great! I just love her smile. :)

What a year. Who would've thought it could be more exciting than having a bunch of kids age 6 & under?