Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Stress/Menstruation/Shopping

Disclaimer: TMI, Crazy Person, Longggg - Read at your own risk

Lets start with Stress.  I try to be a pretty chill person, let stuff go, not sweat it.  Well, a girl can only take so much.  I guess I can just put this out there since it's official.  I'm directing The Wiz.  Not co-directing or assisting, DIRECTING.  What???  Long story how this came about but I'm in way over my head.  I didn't think it was actually going to play out this way so I wasn't too stressed until it was official. Then I cried.  Auditions are in two weeks and I haven't even read the script yet.  Add to this my day today that went like this:

-Visiting Teachers came at 8:30
-Went visiting teaching at 9:30 and 10.
-Picked up Katy 15 min late from school
-Picked up Whitley from getting her wisdom teeth out
-Took personal info to new school
-Did paperwork
-Went to get prescription and snacks for pack meeting
-Received phone call that my 7 year old was a mile from home chasing puppies
-Found out Whitley had passed out while I was at the store
-Stephen takes Nick to work who after 5 minutes they send him home because labor is too high.  Another trip back to pick him up.
-Dropped snacks off at pack meeting and came home to take care of Whitley
-Missed Rhett conducting Court of Honor and Dalin's advancement

All while Glade is out of town and I'm on my period!

Let me expound on a few things.  First, Whitley set up her apt to get her teeth out last night.  I had already scheduled all this VTing so I couldn't even take her there.  She had a friend drop her off because she had to take a couple of pills before they pulled her teeth so it made her sleepy.  When I picked her up, I was surprised that she was awake and talking (mumbling) to me as they finished stitching her up.  She asked if she could get up and jumped right out of the chair.  That only lasted about 3 seconds before she started to sway.  I grabbed her as her eyes rolled a little and she started to cry.  I asked her why she was crying and all she could say was she didn't like the way she felt.  I giggled and told her "don't do drugs".  She agreed.  As we were getting our discharge instructions, she kept feeling her lip saying it was numb and felt really soft.  Then she grabbed my hand and made me feel it. She couldn't believe I could feel it.  We got her home and settled on the couch.  She kept crying randomly.  I offered her some pain meds and tried to help her swallow them.  She put it in her mouth, took a drink and sat wide eyed as the water spilled all over in her lap.  Then she cried again.  I cleaned her up as she kept professing "I didn't know there was any water in my mouth!"  So I put the pill on her tongue then poured a little water in her mouth.  She just sat there.  I told her to swallow but she didn't realize there was any water in her mouth.  She was able to get it down and rest a little.  We used a few ice packs and an hour later gave her another pill because she was still hurting a lot.  She said it was a good thing they didn't tell these sweet little 8 year boys about this part of going on a mission or no one would ever go!

Fast forward to grocery shopping.  I didn't really think I needed much, but as I went around waiting for the Rx to be done, I thought of several things I would need by the weekend.  But that's not my story.  Did I mention I was menstruating??  And did I mention it was about 4:30 in the afternoon?  And that I had a salad for lunch??  I have never quite had this experience before, but I wanted to eat everything.  I mean everything!  Things I wouldn't normally even eat.  The scene that comes to mind is when Bella is a newborn vampire and smells the blood of the human rockclimbing.  You know how her eyes get all crazy and she starts looking around and breathing hard.  A little something like that.  I wanted to eat cupcakes, beef jerky, gum, tootsie rolls, licorice, hashbrowns, powdered donuts, peanut butter, rotisserie chicken and get this - corn nibbles.  That's the name of the cow food they sell there. Yep, even that sounded kinda good.  It was a fleeting thought, but a thought nonetheless.  It was seriously bizarre.  I resisted on most counts.  Most.  So after waiting in the line from hell, I treated myself to a big juicy helping of orange chicken from Panda Express.  Yep, I parked my van and dug right in.  It was kinda awesome.  Other than while I was waiting for my order, I had the thought that Costa Vida sounded really good right that moment.  So I ate myself silly while listening to a little Usher on the radio.  Ahhh, life was better.  THEN, I opened my fortune cookie. I don't even like them, but... Anyway, this is what it said:

Really, like I'm not stressed enough about the play, the fortune gods have to get in on the action???

Lesson learned?  Do NOT grocery shop at dinner time on a stressful day while menstruating. It's creepy.

So I'm home now and have 40 min till I need to be at pack meeting with the treats I just bought because I'm lame and waited till the last minute.  I go to check on Whitley and she starts telling me the story of how she got up to go to the bathroom and while in there, got all sweaty and dizzy and collapses on the floor.  She can't move her limbs so she yells for Stephen who helps her to the couch which she rolls off of because she can't seem to control her body.  She is sufficiently freaked out, as is Stephen.  By the time I arrive she seems better, but still shaken up.  I give her the broccoli cheddar soup she wanted and she attempts to eat it but feels sick.  Ok, I guess I'm not staying at pack meeting.  Not sure she should be left alone.

Husband gone.. on my period.

As I race to the church to take the treats, I realize I left Brooklyn behind who also needs to be there.  I back up to get her and my phone rings.  "Hi Laurie, did you know Bo's at my house?  He was chasing your puppies and ended up behind my house."  This is a friend that is a good mile from my house.  Nope.  No, I did not know that.  Her neighbor is also coming to pack meeting so agrees to bring him home.  On a side note, puppies were in there kennel the whole time.  Sigh.  I come home check on Whitley and make sure the boys are all ready for court of honor.  Rhett is conducting to finish his communication badge and Dalin is being advanced.  And I'm at home.  Menstruating while my husband is out of town.

I'm very sure that in about an hour, when my family is reassembled and in their beds, I will take one of those sleepy pills and tuck myself in to start this madness called "life" again tomorrow.  With only an hour or so left in this day, PLEASE let this be the end....

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ok...you know how I commented that your ironing post was my favorite? This one almost tops it, but it wins in completely different categories. I love you. I love that you share how you're doing even when it's TMI and crazy and stressed. Because doggonit, that's real. We all have days like that. Yesterday happened to be one of those for me. Funny how if you just looked at all the checkmarks on the "to do" list it looks like a great day, but the reality of how it went in your head (and physically too) makes it a mess. (((hugs)))