Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Modest is Hottest


I know I blogged about this before, but she just continues to amaze me.  I got Katy this black leotard for dance so she could wear any of her tutu skirts with it.  Unfortunately it came with a sparkly skirt.  Today was her first day back at dance since we got it.  She put it on and decided she would wear it without another skirt, cuz after all, lots of the other girls wear it just like that.  A little later she did a spin and said "I know it's kind of immodest, but it's ok, our teacher lets us."  I just told her she could do whatever made her comfortable but that it would still be cute with one of her skirts.  She pranced around a little longer waiting for the time to leave.  Finally I called for her to head for the van and I found her like this.  She tried to do what the other girls were doing, but in the end she did what felt right for her.  I'm just so proud that it's important to her to be who she wants to be and not what all the other girls are being.  I would have been ok with her going either way, but she chose this. ♥

No comments: