Thursday, August 23, 2012

You'd a thought

Today marked my 4th time on the treadmill in a week.  4!!  It's still going really slowly, but it's going and I can't tell you excited it makes me.  I'm doing HCG again (I know, I said never...) so my energy level is really low so it's actually probably a good thing that it keeps me going pretty slowly for now.  BUT, today I ran an extra lap and at a faster pace.  The things I'm excited about are truly the things a first time runner would jump and shout about, but I don't care.  The feeling of moving and sweating and pushing are exhilarating!  Today when I decided to go that extra lap at a faster speed I knew I was going to need a good song to get me through it so I pushed my forward button ONE time and Let it Rock came on.

In case you don't know, this song got me through mile 10 of my first half marathon and gave me the pick me up I needed to finish the race.  It holds a special place in my heart.  So it was definitely a song for this occasion.  Well, I made it!  And when I finished, you would have thought I just finished my first half marathon. I was that excited and pumped. Probably even that tired, lol.  Every morning when I get out of bed I'm so afraid I'm going to feel it again, the pain in my back.  I can't believe I might actually be on the road to being a runner again.  It's not quite real yet.  But let me tell you, the gratitude in my heart is more than real.

No comments: