Tuesday, August 14, 2012

We took his cast off

Rhett was supposed to start cross country a week before he got his cast off.  He said it was hard to run with it on so we decided to take it off for him.  I wasn't super happy to go back to the Dr. and give him a couple hundred dollars to take it off anyway.  So Glade started sawing on it with a hand saw.  It was making me really nervous.  It became a "challenge" for him to figure out how to get it off.  I called our good friend Clint who had mentioned having a tool that could get it off.  He rushed right over and saved Rhett from Glade's determination.  






He was pretty weak at first but it's mostly back to normal now.  He had a sports physical the next day and she checked it.  We didn't mention we were the ones to take it off.  The best part is when I talked to the receptionist at the Dr's office and told her we took it off ourselves.  She just kept telling me you can't take it off without an xray to make sure it healed properly!  I didn't have much of a response to that since it was already off.  She just kept repeating "you need an xray first!".  So it ended with me saying, well sorry.. it's off now.  And her rudely telling me she was going to have to "tell the Dr.!"  You do that. Ü

No comments: