Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More tears... of laughter

What a funny fun day!  The day was just nice, spent it with Chelsey grocery shopping.  Nothing too exciting, but still good.  It was the evening that got awesome.  The Easter Bunny brought the kids passes to JumpStreet back in April. Well, we let them expire.  The good news is that they are still worth what you actually paid for them so basically we would get one hour instead of two.  I'll take it.  So we loaded up and headed across town.  First point of awesomeness came when she said she would honor them at their full value which was 2 hours of jumping.  Booya!! Secondly, since I didn't want to jump and neither did Chelsey or Whitley, I still have a pass for 4 people that I can use for a birthday party or something.

Mostly they jumped, duh.  But it was the bull riding that got us started.  Words could never explain the hilariousness of these kids (and adults) riding that bull.  Stephen was the best.  Him just getting on had us holding our sides.  Poor kid.  Glade ripped his pants and Rhett could just about ride forever.  Spencer made little squealy noises and Brooklyn's face was seriously "serious".  I could have watched all night. Again, I can't even imagine a way to recreate the total funnyness of this.


 Dalin did pretty well on the bull

 Brooklyn would go around about three times and then slide off


 Chelsey got the special sticker that let her play with Katy in the little kids area.

 They spent a majority of the time playing dodgeball.  It was great because we were practically the only ones there.


 More dodgeball

 Nick could flip almost all the way across the tramp.  This is my best effort at capturing a still of it.

 Spencer joined in on the fun



I wanted to run to Costco on the way home, but no one was really ready to leave yet.  Whitley and Stephen said they would come, so we took Glade's truck and left him with the van.  On the way out, my very favorite flip flop broke!  Not sorta broke, broke broke.  I had to throw them in the trash *sniff sniff*.  Now I was left with no shoes to wear to Costco.  I asked Chelsey, but she was an instant NO.  Brat. ♥  Glade offered me his size 13's to tromp around in and so did Stephen.  Whitley said I could wear her two size too small shoes as well.  My family is too generous.  I  really had two options - Rhett or Brooklyn.  I found Rhett first so I took his Nike skater shoes with bright orange shoestrings that he had tied all funny.  So I tried to get them on without untying them.  One was fine, the other I could NOT get on.  But, time was running out so I wore it half on as I drove to Costco to make it before it closed.

As we walked through the Costco parking lot I decided I really needed to get this shoe on.  So...  Whitley and Stephen both offered their assistance.  Each took turns squatting down trying to pull the back up while I wiggled my foot in.  I'm pretty sure at one point I may have been sitting on Whitley's head as we tried to get this dang shoe on.  We were all laughing so hard we couldn't stay on task.  Actual tears running down my cheeks as they so determinedly tried to help me get this shoe on.  Finally, we untied it, slipped it on and went about our way.  Still laughing and wiping our tears.  We were in and out of Costco in 6 min!!  Seriously, we timed it.  We all needed a little laughter and there was no shortage of that tonight.  Ahhh, life is good. Ü

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I love it when you laugh so hard, you cry! What fun times with your family. I'm pretty sure that 6 minutes in Costco is a serious record. I can not go in that place without spending hours of time and lots of money! Nice job.

Dacia said...

thanks for the laugh! I hope Costco got that on video! Dacia

Leslie said...

LOVE it!