Sunday, January 1, 2012

There Was a Moon in the Chapel

No, it wasn't a beautiful moon like this one.  It was mine.  Yes, my big ol' booty right there in front of a chapel full of people.  I don't know how many people saw it, I know at least my husband and the girl behind me did.  See, we have an elderly woman who likes to sit in our bench with us.  She had just arrived, so I started to stand up to scoot over to make room for her.....that's when it happened. 

Apparently, Bo was sitting on the edge of my skirt.  So.... when I abruptly stood up to  move over, my skirt did not move with me.  I felt it and was on my way back down, but the damage was done.  All Glade could say was, Wow!  Luckily the girl behind me was a good friend but I'm sure there are many more who will be sharing this story with their family around the Sunday dinner table tonight.  No, I don't want to know who you are.  I prefer to keep my humiliation on an "anonymous" basis.  What's a girl to do?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Tears in my ears...thanks for sharing!

trublubyu said...

aw, man! you miss all the good stuff when you sit on the front row! just so you know, I would have stood up and shielded you if i had been behind you ;)

Dacia said...

Oh, my! Sorry, but that is the best laugh I have had in awhile! Love you, Laurie!