Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Good Stuff

Best quote of the...well...I can't put a time on it.  We were sitting around laughing and having a fun time with several of our kids when a couple more arrived from a church meeting they had just been to.  Whitley came over and sat right next to me and snuggled in.  She had meetings of some sort pretty much the whole day so I hadn't even really seen her.  Stephen then "tattled" on her that on the way home she had said "I've been gone all day... I just wanna go home and see Mom."  At that, her eyes welled up.  We were all still laughing, but then there were the tear filled eyes.  Then it was my turn, now my eyes are welling up looking at her.  Uh oh... now Chelsey has tears in hers as well.  The three of us with teary eyes and yet we're all still laughing.  We stayed huddled up together like that for about an hour, it was awesome.

We talked for almost two hours telling stories, remembering old times.... laughing till we cried.  I'm still in mourning about not having babies, but this having kids old enough to be friends with is pretty cool too. Ü

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories you have with your kids! They will remember them forever, too! Dacia

Tammy said...

I just spent a while catching up on my reading of your blog. I'm so glad that so many wonderful things are happening in your life right now. Congratulations to Chelsey, Rhett, and everyone else for being part of such a great family. So fun to read about the times you spent with your husband and your girls. So neat!

Jake and Jenny said...

Warm fuzzies! I love laughing and crying with the ones you love!