Sunday, January 22, 2012

I found Gold!

Ok, so it's not exactly gold.  BUT, for me... just as exciting!  If you know me at all, you know that a huge reason I love going to the movies is for the popcorn. I don't ever eat popcorn at home, just the movies.  There's something different, delectable.. about movie popcorn.  I'm positive it has something to do with the butter that I drizzle over it generously.  A movie can pretty much suck and as long as I have some buttered popcorn and a Diet Coke... eh...whatever!

I have been diligently following my WW program and let me just tell you... buttered popcorn is not part of that!  So when I knew I was taking Dalin to the movies for his birthday, I had quite the dilemma.  I intended to take a bowl of cut up fruit to munch on, but the morning got away from me.  Then I just decided to eat popcorn with no butter, not that bad for the diet.  However, I really hate eating things that taste like cardboard (unbuttered popcorn).  I figured if I loaded it with salt it would be fine. As I was looking for the packs of salt, I noticed one of the boys couldn't figure out how to open the seasoning bottle, so I offered my help. 

My kids put some crazy amount of seasoning on their popcorn every time we go.  Bugs me.  Popcorn is meant to be straight up with butter.  So as I'm trying to figure out the bottle, I notice the words on the bottle.  Caramel Flavor.  Hmmm, I wonder how that would be?  Then I decided to actually check out the rest of the bottles and that's when I saw it.  KETTLE CORN.  ohhhhhhh!  I love Kettle corn!!  So I checked the nutrition label and for half a tsp, five calories.  FIVE!  So I sprinkled lightly not wanting to be a glutton and headed for the movie.  Pure bliss.  It was so yummy.  I can now go to the movies and not be tortured by the thought of unbuttered popcorn.  Better late than never!

No comments: