Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ski Trip

We celebrated our 21st anniversary last week.  Glade surprised me with a weekend ski trip on Christmas.  I loved that I got to go on a little mini vacation without doing any of the work!  We left the morning of our actual anniversary, but we stayed in town running a few errands.  One of them was to the jewelry place that Glade got my pearls for me for Christmas.  He had gotten me a beautiful necklace, bracelet and earrings.  However, I was not in love with the periodic black pearl along the strands.  So we exchanged them for another set.  So pretty! 

That night we went out to dinner at a fancy (small town) Italian restaurant where I got to have delicious butternut squash ravioli.  Oh so yummy!  The next morning we loaded our ski equipment and headed to the mountain.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's a little like riding a bike.  You don't really forget how.  The weather was beautiful, and there weren't very many people there.  Exactly how I like it.  I managed to stay off my rear the whole day until Glade made me go down this seriously steep and skinny hill.  I tried to just edge my way down sideways but it didn't last... down I went!  I slid down on my side almost the rest of the way down the steep part.  By then my thighs were cramping so bad from inching down sideways, that I was having trouble controlling my skiis.  I only lasted another couple trips down before I called it a day.  Now, it had been 5 hours!

We left there and went home for a little snooze. I was in much need of some time off my legs!  We ate the leftovers of the  night before for dinner and then went to see a movie.  We saw We Bought a Zoo.  I really liked it, but Glade.. not so much.  After, we went for dessert.  That was what I had been waiting for!  I couldn't decide between the chocolate cake and the carrot cake.  I decided I would get both and have one for breakfast the next day.  Then, the lady informs me they don't even serve carrot cake.  What??  But there's a picture right here of a succulent piece of cake on your menu!!  Rude.  So I got the chocolate and Glade got some cheese fries.  Not a good combination of food to eat at 9:30 at night!

The next morning we went to breakfast with John and Tracie and their kids.  What a coinky dink to be up there the same weekend!  I was still not done digesting my chocolate cheesy fries from the night before so I ordered oatmeal with a pancake on the side.  They were huge!!  Oh my.... so suffice it to say I had blueberry pancake for lunch as well. 



All in all it was a really fun trip and I'm so glad he thought of it and made all the arrangements.  So grateful to Chelsey and my mom for taking care of all the little ones and getting everyone where they needed to be.  Happy Anniversary to us!!

No comments: