Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day to Day

It's been hard blogging on a day to day basis for quite a while now.  Seems like all my days are mostly the same.  If I'm sitting on the computer, I'm doing paperwork for Glade.  A girl's gotta earn her keep!  When I have free time to blog, the thought of trying to catch up is daunting.  I still have 2 Christmas posts to go!!  So I tell myself it's not big deal because I have nothing good to tell anyway.  But in a nutshell, here are some of the things that HAVE happened:

- I've stayed on my Weight Watchers plan officially for 10 days now and am down almost 6 lbs.  I posted last year that I was so ready to lose the weight and get back on track... then I gained 15 lbs.  Obviously I wasn't ready.  So I was a little nervous to commit to it this year knowing how bad I failed last time.  So far so good and it feels really good!

- Rhett has been doing cross country again.  For some reason he just isn't in to it so much this year.  It seems like everyone else has improved but Rhett.  He doesn't even seem to care.  It's not quite as exciting as it was last year.  He is running the Ragnar with us and has been training a little for that.  He seems to be a better distance runner than speedy.

-Dalin is turning 11 tomorrow.  The best thing about that is NO MORE cub scouts.  That's awful, but I'm ready for a little break.  We just had pinewood derby, I'll post that separately. 

-Whitley, Stephen and Rhett are auditioning for Krew, a performance group, this weekend.  It's at the same theater, but it's not just one play.  I always get nervous and excited for them.  I wish they had stuff like that when I was young.  Well, they probably did, I just didn't know it.

-I've had several people offer to help decorate for the wedding.  That's been a huge relief.  The rest I can pretty much handle, but that was stressing me out.  I'm so grateful for people who are willing to help and not just trying to empty my pocketbook.

-Bo has been sick for 5 days now.  Mostly just a fever, a little sore throat and today an ear ache.  I started him on antibiotics so hopefully that will start to help.  Sucks to watch your kids be sick and not be able to really help.  He started piano lessons last week and loves it!  His teacher is just the best and I'm sure she will keep him focused and interested.

-Whitley is heading to Thatcher to check out Eastern Az University tonight.  She and a friend are going just overnight and will be home the next day.  She is determined to go there.  I'm not sure how she's going to make it all work, but her mind is made up. 


All pretty mundane, but that's what we have right now!  I guess I can be grateful that nothing too exciting is going on making my life complicated.  Now if I could just get the laundry to do itself....

No comments: