Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Rest of the Week

It really was a crazy busy week with everything that happened around here.  Even with all my kids in school but Katy, I didn't get a chance to just stay at home and chill or clean or anything.  That's really ok because when I was home, I just wanted to enjoy the quiet!  I have stuck to my no technology rule the entire week, yeah me!!  I have to admit I was ready to throw in the towel a time or two but I decided I just had to be strong.  They are having a difficult time finding things to do that aren't wrestling, torturing, aggravating or just plain being annoying to everyone around them.  I have assigned chores a few times and it's really noisy and chaotic, but I knew that was part of the deal.  I knew I was giving up easy

Saturday was one of the busiest I've had in a really long time.  I had so much I wanted to do.  I got up and ran 3.5 miles.  Ok, I ran 2.5 and walked 1, but that's the best I've done in a really long time!  Then I got the kids working on Saturday chores, came in and worked on paperwork for an hour, showered and then went to work some magic in the girls room.  Since we needed to get Chelsey in there, I told them if they would get it clean, I would clean it.  They worked hard and then so did I.  I put on the rubber gloves, held my breath and went to town in their bathroom.  Yikes!  We had a short lunch break and then went back in for round 2.  After working up a sweat in there, I laid down with Katy for an hour.  I still had much to do so I got up and took Whitley to Goodwill to look for a few things they needed in their room.  Found them!!  Amazing..and on 1/2 off Saturday. 

Got home just in time to get Nick and head to his eye appointment.  $230 later he has new lenses and we were shopping for Sunday dinner items.  Got home just in time to clean up and head out on our date!  It started off small but ended up with 5 couples.  I love my friends!!  After talking up Ragnar, it made me really anxious to run again.  Unfortunately I'm stuck with treadmill running for at least another month.  Sucks.  Anyway, it was a really long but productive day.

Today we made it to church on time and I had to teach the lesson.  I never am comfortable teaching but I think it went ok.  I had M&Ms, doesn't that make every lesson ok?  After, we had lunch, did some laundry and then went for Stephen's patriarchal blessing.  What a great kid he is.  Always such a spiritual experience.  Ended the day with a full house for Sunday dinner.  Chelsey has put on her happy face, the kids are ready for a new week of school and I'm ready for some kind of normalcy.  *knocking on wood*

1 comment:

Jake and Jenny said...

Fun running into you at Fry's. Thanks for taking my girls so I could get my bathrooms clean too!