Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mommy follow up

Without rehashing too much, I just wanted to follow up a little on my previous post regarding my decision to stay at home and take care of my children.  I received both positive and negative feedback to my post.  I want to reiterate that I at no time, said that working parents are bad parents.  I will always maintain that I believe that a mother staying home with her kids is the BEST option.  I was a little distraught over some of the negative feedback and the offense that was taken.  I'm not going to try to restate my stance on this, but I would like to share a conference talk that was given this weekend at General Conference.  I received several messages from different people telling me they thought of me during this talk.  I was with family and not able to watch so I was very curious to hear it.  It completely solidified my decision to post my feelings.  Truth is not always popular and is often controversial, but I will not bow to political correctness.  I love all my mom-friends and have many that are terrific working moms.  That's not what any of this was ever about.  Please listen to a man of God say what I was trying to say in my very non-eloquent way.

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/the-moral-force-of-women?lang=eng&media=video#watch=video

No comments: