Thursday, October 10, 2013

Be Prepared

Yes, it's the Boy Scout motto, but really applies to all of life.  Today I had to take Nick to his ankle appointment, so while we were in town, we stopped by the DMV so Rhett could take his permit test.  On a good note, Nick is now able to start walking without crutches.  Happy day!! So we got to the DMV and the line was out the door.  Not a good start.  We finally get to the front and the lady informs me that a birth certificate is not enough.  I remember taking the other boys' SS cards, but not needing them.  When I was grabbing Rhett's stuff, I had the thought to grab it, but decided against it.  My bad.  Now we had just spent 30 min in line for nothing.  In a bold move, I decide.. we are doing this!  I call Stephen, have him find the card and drive all the way into town to bring it to us.

While we waited, I grabbed some taco bell for the three of us.  After about 30 min, Stephen shows up with the card and we are finally issued a number.  We wait.  And wait.  He had his pic taken, we wait... pay for the test, wait some more and finally he is issued the test.  Now, he has known this for about 3 days.  He's read the pamphlet, taken online tests and reviewed....so I thought.  I really wasn't worried, well...that's a lie... I was totally worried.  I just wanted him to pass and not have to come back to this horrible place!  But I really thought he'd be fine.  Nope, fail.  Just by one question though.  Turns out he read the book, or most of it.. did take a few tests and kind of reviewed.  Why won't these kids believe me when I say "you do not want to have to come back here!" ?

So three hours later, we left with a paper saying come back again.  I was not very happy.  Had I been prepared, we wouldn't have had to wait an extra hour or so and had he been prepared, we wouldn't be going back tomorrow.  Sigh....

I decided to not let it ruin my day.  We went to Kohl's, then to Costco and home to a nap.  I bought new pillows!  I hate my pillows and hopefully I will have a better sleep now.  After napping, Rhett and I went for a run.  Today was much cooler and rainy this morning.  I had my fastest run so far.  I'm still really slow, but progress is at least something.  Made pizza for dinner and now just chilling.  Only one more day of fall break and we are spending that at grandma's.  

As frustrating as today was, I really like Rhett so it wasn't so bad having to spend the whole day with him. ♥  Let's just hope he passes tomorrow.  He also met with the Bishop tonight and got his recommend for his patriarchal blessing.  Really it was a good day.

No comments: