Saturday, October 12, 2013

He's Official


It's still hard for my mind to grasp, but his handsome guy is old enough to get a driving permit.  None of my kids have gotten one this early, but since I'm losing all my drivers in the next year, I figured I better get moving on it.  We went on Thursday, waited 3 hours.. he failed.  Went back Friday morning and he passed!  It was still quite a wait though.  I seriously hate that place.  Once he took the test, we waited almost 30 min just for them to print it.  Then they had him marked as a girl, so we had to wait again while they fixed it.  Oy.  But in the end we walked out with one.

Later I took him driving out in the dessert and he actually did pretty well.  I even let him drive on the real roads to get us home and then he parked in the garage.  I'm no where near ready to let him go out in actual traffic, but it gave me a little hope that maybe he can do this!

No comments: